Friday, February 22, 2008

since i've been gone

Spring semester started and I've been nonstop since.

My good friend Aaron left a message on my phone that said "you're probably face down in your pillow or running around like a mad woman, so give me a call back when you find some time."
I didn't realize how true this was till I took a step back and looked at my life.

I've been getting attacked like crazy from the devil. he's been trying to take away the joy and awesome love of Jesus from me that i've been experiencing like crazy. Yesturday was a hard day. I messed up big time, which was stupid and then a demon tried to haunt me in my sleep. I've had a headache all day but I'm finally standing on the fact that God is light. I am immersed in who God is so therefore as a law of nature, no darkness can touch me. I proclaim that in the name of JESUSSSS.

SO
This semester is our racing season for rowing. Last Friday, when we did race pieces, I tore my arm up. The tendon in the arm that I feather with (the one that I move the blade of the oar from perpendicular to the water to parallel) is torn at a microscopic level. The training room that Athletics offers us sucks. big time. all they ever tell any of the rowers to do is just ice and heat. They must think that our sport really isn't that hard on our bodies. I guess 6 days a week, twice a day being four of those days, isn't hard on our bodies at all. not to mention we get up at 5am. No biggie though. psh. They told a girl who threw out her back to ice and heat and she'd be fine. That it was some muscle thing. I guess they don't understand that a BONE in her SPINE is out of place. ugh.

SO I've been on land for the past week just going on runs every single day. And I can't tell you how much I miss rowing. I miss being on the water sooo bad. I'm seeing a sports physical therapist whose actually treating my arm for what it's worth. He's giving me a deep tissue massage every time I go in, which is good. He's given me exercises to do as well. Hopefully I'll get back on the water as soon as I can.


As of right now, I'm off to practice and then to soak in the Holy amazing presence of Jesus.

No comments: