Monday, May 7, 2007

mistake?

Upon looking back at this semester, and in particular this class, I have been thinking about my classes and the potency, effectiveness, and growth that has occurred in each. I have come to the conclusion that, although this class is an excellent course, I took it prematurely. Considering that this is only my fourth semester here and only taken a few journalism courses (J30,J20,J50), this class was way over my head. I survived (or so I hope) but, without taking basic reporting, this class was definitely not for me in my current state.

Upon review, I discovered that yes, I did learn a great deal, but I also equally struggled. With a hectic schedule, it was hard for me to not be reminded weekly, even twice weekly, that I had to get on it. But, that is how the real world will be. Maybe instead of the title, freelance magazine writer, I can be called freestudent magazine writer. For in this class, I truly was challenged when given a story to think up and research with solomente mi (only me) and tasted what it would be like to fend, claw, and scratch for myself in the so called "real world".

At any rate, everything is a process and everything is to be learned from in life.
Lesson learned: Take ALL the requirements before you take electives - especially upper division.


still fighting,
akm

No comments: